God made colors, and then applied them
Greens and golds, amber and maroon
Cascading leaves create empty limbs
Unlike the greens of June
Evergreens laden with needles and cones
Colors are brilliant and equally bold
Holly bushes become berry thrones.
An orange sun sets in purple skies,
Casting shadows over trees
The immense Harvest Moon begins to rise
As Summer yields to the Autumn breeze.
Ole Boy and I didn't go anywhere this summer, but we are planning a Gatlinburg trip in a few weeks. We are having issues getting Peppy squared away, but that's mostly because Ole Boy doesn't think anyone can take care of a diabetic dog, even the vet. I have to agree that the Pepster was really, REALLY thirsty the last time we picked him up from the kennel....but I suggested we get a water bottle so that it can't get tipped over. We don't have much time left to get it all worked out.
Can you tell the boys gave Samara a haircut?
Les and the kids:
Devon, Ashton, Samara (Les in back)
Botanical Garden, Huntsville, AL
I'm Just Saying....
* Did you know the Bible says much study is wearisome to the flesh? (Ecclesiastes 12:12) After last weekend, I personally know that to be fact.
* The VP debate wasn’t spectacular on either side, but McPalin will win the White House. (Did I coin that name, or has someone beat me to it?)
* I was going to do a section with “Discombobulate” as the Word of the Day, but I got confused.
* Ole Boy just called me back to the bedroom where he is busy taking out a window unit air conditioner. There must have been 20 wasp nests (and a few dirt dauber nests besides) in the frame. Then he said I should help him get the unit out. I think not.
* At work the other day, KK said the thought the shirt she was wearing made her look pregnant. I assured her it didn’t, but asked her if my butt made my pants look big.
* Barely-five-year-old Ashton is in kindergarten, and is having trouble learning his numbers. I was using some cards to help him, holding up a 2 and a 5, asking him repeatedly “What is this one?” “What number is this?” rotating the cards. He just wasn’t getting it. Finally, 6 year old Devon walked by and said, “You have the 5 upside down.” I was really helpful that day.
From McGee Farms Pumpkin Patch today:
Ashton on a hayride
Samara picking out a pumpkin
Later, my Sweet Taters!