Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day




It’s hard to believe it’s already mid-February. It must really be true that the older I get, the faster time flies! We’ve had such a mild February so far. I’m sure we’ll see more cold weather, but it’s been very nice. Today, it’s just a beautiful day in Alabama.

I’m sitting out this semester of school out because I was working on things for my compensation ladder at work, which I just finished up yesterday, complete with three certificates and a plaque. By the time my job gets finished with me, I just may know a thing or two. Maybe.

I love my job.

Ole Boy has a new grandson! His name is Sebastian Cale. His mom plans to call him Cale, but I think I’ll call him Sebastian. He’s a cute little thing, don’t you think??






It’s Girl Scout Cookie time. Don’t forget to support them. I did my part, trust me! lol
Next weekend is my birthday (21st), and Ole Boy and I are heading up to Nashville for the weekend. It just worked out perfectly that it’s winter break at work, and I have a three day weekend on my birthday. How good is that?

A couple of weeks ago, all the birds out front disappeared. Then we notice this guy in the tree. I grabbed my camera and kept inching closer and closer to him…he finally flew away. And the next thing I knew, all the birds (and there were many) that had been hiding from the hawk in the bushes flew out. I think I startled them. They acted glad I scared off the hawk…


It’s about time to go for a Valentine’s late lunch. I’m just too old and grumpy to fight the night crowd tonight.



Happy
Valentine's
Day!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's day.

    I cater towards Sebastian too, lol. He is adorable!

    Blessings to you and yours! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. little Sebastian is adorable! congrats to all!

    glad you like your job Meg!! that's a relief I'm sure

    I'm taking a break from journaling but I'm checking in on my favorites when I can :)

    (actually I've lost all desire to journal, isn't that weird? actually its an answer to prayer :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sebastian is a doll. I love your hawk picture. I can't even get close to them for shots. Your job sounds like it is going well, I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pics are always so amazing...

    Sebastian is adorable..I just wanna love on him :)

    Have fun in Nashville and Happy early Birthday!!

    We too waited until today to go out for our Valentines dinner...later this afternoon...hope ya'll have a good time!

    Hugs
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear from you! :)

    Sebastian is beautiful! Love the name as well.

    Have fun in Nashville celebrating!

    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Meg, What a precious baby boy. I think I'd call him Sebastian too. That's a good strong name. Those poor little birds...that hawk looks evil. Have a wonderful birthday weekend. Linda in Washington state

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting...Have a Pearl of a Day!